Facebook officially launced facebook chat for windows app today.They are promoting this new Windows app. They want us to keep using Facebook even when we are not using a browser.
When I logged into my Facebook account today, I saw a small popup box in the bottom right corner of the page suggesting me to install the Windows App.
Installing Facebook Messenger for Windows 7.
- Go to Facebook Messenger home page http://www.facebook.com/about/messenger
- Click on the Install button seen on that page. This will download a small setup file called FacebookMessengerSetup.exe
- Double click on the downloaded file to run it. Click on the "Run" button on Windows security alert.
- Continue the installation by clicking Install button
- Make sure your firewall(if you have one) is configured to allow this new application to connect to internet.
- You are ready to go! Now you should be able to use the messenger to see ticker updates from friends and to chat with friends.
- Enjoy Facebooking!